Call for Papers
Deadline for Article Submissions
October 31, 2016
The Middle East Journal of Refugee Studies (MEJRS) is the official open-access, double-blind peer-reviewed, international journal of The International Refugee Rights Association. MEJRS is a scientific journal for the publication of research and studies covering all aspects of refugees and related issues.
The journal’s aim is to facilitate both international and interdisciplinary scientific communication, to strengthen the links between scientific research and management policy in the Middle East and Turkey, and to stimulate and enhance the quality of debate.
Representing an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of recent data and expert opinions, it reflects the importance of a comprehensive approach to resolve the problems of refugees in the Middle East and Turkey.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Refuges issue around international and domestic law, war, migration, trauma, and state politics
- Psychological, psychiatric, sociological, and anthropological analysis of refugee issues
- Ethnic structures and demographics of refugees
- Health, hygiene, and physical conditions of refugee camps
- Social, economic, and political effects of refugees on host countries
- Effects of refugees on national and regional security policies
- Social, economic, and political problems encountering the refugees in host countries
- Refugee families and rehabilitation
MEJRS publishes peer-reviewed research reports on refugees, bringing together research conducted within a variety of disciplines. Articles include theoretical, philosophical, and political essays; research papers; case reports; and historical research related to all refugee issues. In addition to original research, the journal features both articles and book reviews. Studies that clearly contribute to the current knowledge of refugee issues, its prevention, and social policy are given priority. Scholarly commentaries on topical issues and systematic reviews are also encouraged.
Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts electronically via the Journal’s Online Submission System and use the Journal’s Web site; submissions will not be accepted by e-mail or in hard copy. Work submitted for potential inclusion in this journal must be a completed manuscript that adheres to MEJRS submission requirements, found on the Journal’s Web site.
I hope that you will be a part of this multidisciplinary effort to establish a general platform for a unique journal. Please respond to this invitation and do not hesitate to contact the Editor (email@example.com) for any further questions.