Online Submission Instructions
Before proceeding, please review the Notes for Authors for specific directions for preparing your manuscript.
If your manuscript and figures are ready to submit according to the manuscript formatting guidelines and requirements below, please proceed directly to the http://https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/mejrs
Preparing your Manuscript prior to Online Submission
Prepare your manuscript using a word processing program. The journal prefers all manuscripts submitted online to be Microsoft Word files (i.e., .doc, .docx). During the online submission process, these will be converted automatically to .pdf files (for peer review).
We prefer that authors upload “a single file” containing the complete manuscript (i.e., title page, abstract, text, figures, and tables), as this makes the reviewing process easier for editors and referees. This applies to the original version of the manuscript and any revised versions.
Peer review is anonymous and we, therefore, ask you to submit an anonymous text file without the author’s details. Please refrain from any self-citations such as “authors’ own” etc. in text, footnotes, references, and bibliography.
When inserting figures into your text documents, please make sure any embedded text is large enough to read. Many figures contain miniscule characters such as numbers on a chart or graph. If these characters are not easily readable in your text document, they will most likely be illegible in the .pdf created by the system. Certain image formats such as .jpg and .gif do not have high resolutions, so you may elect to save your figures and insert them as .tif instead.
Please use short, simple filenames when saving all your documents, and avoid special characters, punctuation marks, and symbols. Also avoid spaces in your filenames.
During the online manuscript submission process you can also upload any other files you might want the Editors/reviewers to have access to, including in-press and submitted papers, or supplementary data (such as questionnaire templates, original data etc.).
The Online Submission Process
Before You Start
Submissions of Original Articles, Review Articles, Book Reviews, and Letter to the Editor must be made using our online service, and will not be considered if sent by post or e-mail.
Before starting the online submission process please make sure you have the followings available:
- A file with your complete manuscript (i.e., title page, abstract, text, figures, and tables) in one of the formats detailed above;
- If the images are not embedded in your text file (preferred), the image files; MEJRS expects that as a rule, figures in research papers will be original figures generated by the authors. However, in cases where figures are commissioned, obtained or bought externally by the authors, or where figures have been previously published elsewhere, the corresponding author is responsible for pointing this out to the Editors at time of submission.
- The files for any other supplementary material to be submitted with your manuscript;
- The text of your abstract (can be copied and pasted into the system from your word processor file);
Where appropriate, the names and e-mail addresses of all contributing authors. When entering contact and manuscript information (see Submitting your files below), please make sure that everything is input correctly. Errors in contact information, in particular in your e-mail address create severe problems in the handling of your submission.
MEJRS does not require all authors of a paper to sign the letter of submission, nor does it impose an order on the list of authors. Submission to MEJRS is taken to mean that all the listed authors have agreed all the content. The corresponding (submitting) author is responsible for having ensured that this agreement has been reached.
Submitting Your Manuscript
When you are ready to submit your files, please proceed to MEJRS’s https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/pub/mejrs
When submitting your manuscript you may have the opportunity to suggest recommended and/or opposed reviewers. Recommended reviewers should be experts in their fields and should be able to provide an objective assessment of the manuscript.
- Please be aware of any conflicts of interest when recommending reviewers. Examples of conflicts of interest include (but are not limited to) the below:
- The reviewer should have no prior knowledge of your submission
- The reviewer should not have recently collaborated with any of the authors
- Reviewer nominees from the same institution as any of the authors are not permitted
Once you have uploaded all your files, indicate the order in which they should appear in your paper. This will determine the order in which they appear in the consolidated PDF used for peer review.
If you do not receive both of these, your manuscript will not have been successfully submitted to the journal and it cannot be progressed through to peer review. If this is the case your manuscript will still be sitting in the “Unsubmitted Manuscripts” section of your “Author Center” awaiting your attention.
If you experience problems with your submission or have any questions, please contact the MEJRS Editorial Office.